We are only a week away from Easter! The 17th April swiftly approaching! With this year’s Easter weekend taking place in the midst of the Easter break from Monday 4th April and ending on Monday 18th April 2022 the children should have plenty of time at home. So why not use this time to to get the whole family together and participate in making some festive crafts! Keep reading for inspiration on some cute and easy Easter craft ideas that you and your family can give a go this break!
Easter Craft Idea 1: Colourful Bunny Garland from Amy at DIYCandy
A simple and colourful craft to complete, what you’ll need is:
- Coloured Paper
- A Bunny Shaped Template
- Some Neutral Coloured Yarn
- A Fork
- Firstly, print out a bunny shaped template of your choice onto regular paper.
- Use the template as a guide to cut out as many bunnies as you like from the coloured paper.
- Next make the pom poms by using yarn and a fork. To make the pom poms all you need to do is wrap the yarn around the outside of a fork approximately 40 – 60 times.
- Once satisfied with the size of your pom pom, cut a 20cm piece of yarn to tie off the yarn in a knot as tightly as you can. Then you can cut off both loops on each side and fluff.
- Use glue to attach the pom poms to the bunnies.
- Cut a length of yarn for your garland making it as long as you like.
- Finally use the glue to attach the bunnies to the yarn and hang in your desired location!
Easter Craft Idea 2: Lemon Bunny Shortbread Biscuits from @emma.thomas___
A sweet treat perfect for sharing with your family this Easter break. For ingredients to make 15 bunnies you’ll need:
- 255g plain flour
- 128g unsalted butter
- 75g icing sugar (plus more to decorate with)
- Splash of milk (of your choice)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Mini marshmallows
- Pre heat your oven to 160°c and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together the flour and icing sugar.
- Add in the butter and crumble together with your hands to form a crumble like texture.
- Add a splash of milk and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the crumble mix.
- Combine all the ingredients by hand to form a soft dough.
- Roll out your dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into bunnies by either using a small bunny shaped cutter or a bunny shaped template.
- Place your bunnies onto the baking trays and pop into the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Whilst your biscuits are baking mix the remaining icing sugar with a splash of water and mix until you get a thick paste consistency. This will be used to stick your bunny tails onto your bunnies.
- Once your biscuits are baked remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Using the end of a teaspoon put a small amount of icing onto your biscuits and top with a mini marshmallow.
Easter Craft Idea 3: Decorated Eggs! from @lauralawton
A super simple way to get creative, why not have a go decorating eggs! All you need is:
- Coloured Pens
- Googly Eyes (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional)
- Felt (Optional)
- Simply decorate eggs in whatever manner you like!
- You can keep things simple with a smily face like the first image or go all out with some egg-cellent characters like the second!
Easter Craft Idea 4: Easter Egg Oat Balls from @occasions.byshakira
A healthier sweet treat option to try making this Easter break. What you’ll need is:
- 1 cup of oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- Sprinkles (optional to decorate)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bow
- Use a plastic egg template to fill with the mixture. Alternatively you could hand sculpt the mixture into egg shapes.
- Once all the mixture has been shaped into eggs refrigerate 2-3 hours
- Then simply eat and enjoy!
For more crafting inspiration be sure to check out our IG Guide or our Easter crafts blog post from last year! As always do tag us over on Instagram if you make any of the crafts included in this post!